Tuesday 11 September 2007

Week 2

From now on this journal will be used to record my progress, thoughts and feelings as I continue on my journey in the world of interactive media!

As I approached this week I was filled with the same nervous anticipation which I had experienced on the first day. I felt sure I had chosen the correct path by embarking upon the course and returning back to the classroom, but the induction had passed and playtime was over.

After being given the first brief and thoroughly going over it with Steve the apprehension lingered. I understood the requirements of the brief but I felt a little disillusioned as I realised the enormity of the technical input into each project. On reflection this feeling emanated from my naturally creative side trying to dominate, but mainly because of my lack of knowledge in this area. However, I decided that if I was truly creative this quality would not only emanate in my aesthetic output but also in my approach to tasks…who was I trying to kid!

Nevertheless the first task was to select a ‘Great Briton’ from the brief so this allowed me to gently flow into the work and begin researching. My biggest concern at this point was to be disciplined in my time management and not becoming too involved in a simple task. This thought slowly dissolved as the wonders of the internet infiltrated my mind and after a long day of note taking and over thinking time won and it was the end of day one. Thankfully as day two progressed I became more in control of my destiny or at least I was able to manage my time on each task a great deal more effectively!

1 comment:

Craig Allington said...

I feel I should comment on how well you have done so far so well done.

As for your apprehensions I wouldn't really worry about them. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and if you already knew everything there was to know about the technical side of the projects then it would be unlikely you would be on this course anyway.

Like was said in the presentation last week, when I started the course I had no real technical skills either, but you will soon pick it up.

If your still worried take some time to do some tutorials in your self study if you have time.