Tuesday 6 May 2008

Thoughts of a Juggling Monkey



Today I’m feeling a great bond with my computer as we are united in our inability to cope the masses of data pouring into our comparatively feeble brains. So as my well loved, yet undesirable, p.c struggles to complete it’s disk clean up I will, in harmony, struggle to write this weeks journal. Yes today, bizarrely, instead of feeling on top of things and skipping around in the summer sun I’m struggling to crack a smile. With the humble cup of tea as my only salvation. This pitiful mood is not so much a product of the up and coming deadline but more the inevitable frustration of being a juggling, tightrope, monkey surviving on peanuts. When really all I want to do is swing through the trees with the other monkeys, enjoying their creative leaps from branch to branch. Of course I am a product of my own creation but this doesn’t stop me feeling sorry for myself every now and then! Have I lost the plot? Perhaps, but at least this entry is serving the purpose of some form of therapy all be it short lived and perhaps highly in appropriate!

So, to re-focus, yes the end is in sight. Overall I’m on track, I’m currently working on the advert for the album’s release, which I hope to be posting shortly, if my computer allows it’s completion. I have also evaluated all the sections of my work which are complete to date. Therefore, much of what is required this week is transferring all of the sections into a comprehensive InDesign document, then referencing and working back into sketch books. I hope to do this successful without slipping off my rope.

There are, however, so many other things I want to be creating such as both a print based and web based portfolio. Yet there has to be many more peanuts made over the summer. So strangely I'm not welcoming the up and coming break.

On a single note of positivity it is fulfilling to see all of the work fitting together and I’m sure I will be in much higher spirits next week.

Targets

Complete Display ad for the wire magazine
Transfer all sections of A7 into one document
Index sketch books
Provide referencing [merit & distinction evidence]
Work into sketchbooks

1 comment:

John Browne said...

Keep in there Michelle. Please dont beat me up for this but, I feel the moment of insanity will soon pass and a new michelle will merge with a completed assignment and and worthy grade.

Keep me informed on the delivery of your designs on to the web, and I will be sure to add a contribution to your ever developing skills.

Oh and is it by chance windows vista your having touble with???

Answer that in college if you like. I absolutely hate vista and its suposabe updated state. The spit and polish did it a few favours in appearence, but not in terms of technical security and account management.