Tuesday 23 October 2007

Vacant Minds

This weeks journal entry my be slightly shorter and less thoughtful than usual, this is due to my body and mind currently being on vacation! I have to say I definitely feel I’ve earned the rest and I’m thoroughly enjoying regaining my thoughts and composure in sunny Norwich (Norwich is always sunny!).

However, I’ve learnt by now I can never fully switch off , so I’ve spent plenty of time reflecting on last term. My biggest conclusion is that I have to tighten up my creative and chaotic approach to tasks! However painful and difficult this may be I must persevere, and once again I call on anyone with any incredible strategies in combating this. Hopefully I’m not quite classed as an ‘old dog’ and there’s a few new tricks in me!

So as I’m now greatly digressing or regressing I better finish up. Targets for this week are as follows;

  • Start my new love affair with the new sketch book?!
  • Progress to reading the design mags I’ve bought instead of just looking at the pictures
  • Have a play around with some new programmes
  • Don’t get addicted to Jeremy Kyle

Enjoy the rest of your holidays folks

6 comments:

Thomas Wealthy said...

I also am in vacation mode and am enjoying it very much. I found this week's blog entry quite hard to come up with as my mind has been wandering! I also know how you feel with getting addicted to Jeremy Kyle two remedies thou:
1) Change channel
or
2) Sleep through it!

Anonymous said...

Who is this 'Jeremy Kyle' you speak of?

Andrew said...

Yeah, I too have found myself hitting full on vacation mode, but on the same terms it doesn't seem right to not be doing any work at all or thinking about the course. Maybe it's because I have got used to this being the norm.

Try read through the design mag's at first I always just look through at the pictures though, helps me to get a feel for the magazine and gets me into the mood for reading the articles inside.

Tom Smith said...

Jeremy Kyle?! What a disgrace....

Suzanne Hullah said...

The pictures in magazines are what I always look at first, no matter what the topic of the magazine is. Pictures are the things I look towards mostly when I'm seeking inspiration and I feel like I'm constantly cutting them out ready to put them in my sketchbook. This can only be a good thing.

Jeremy Kyle is something I can relate to though so maybe it's something we both need to work on!

Gary Benn said...

Hey,

I know what you mean about the vacation mode! I was quite stuck on things to write in my entry this week and therefore it is shorter too. Everything I wanted to put I had already written in the previous week's entry.

Enjoy rest of holiday, but don't fall too deep!