Wednesday 21 November 2007

False Contractions ?

This week I’ve realised I’m expecting and instead of the usually 9 months I only have 7 weeks, and already I’m nearly half way through! Now as you can imagine this has come as a massive shock to myself, but it does explain a lot of peculiar experiences I’ve been going through. So I’m trying not to panic and I’m working on my breathing….isn’t that what they tell you to do?

This realisation occurred when I experienced a sudden burst of pain mid week bought on by the delivery requirements. It was a familiar ache, yet still caused the same discomfort second time around. With every painful contraction I questioned if it was coming, or was it just a false alarm? I’m sure any expectant mother has the same worries, and equally those of more experience can glide through the process, glowing all the way. Alas not I, still every Monday the morning sickness overcomes me; have I prepared well enough for what is to come? Should I be taking it easier through the birth? I guess these concerns are perfectly natural, or so my midwives reassure me! But I know I can’t worry too much because soon it will be upon me and there’s still so much to do.

Of course there are many pleasurable parts of the experience; strange cravings for ‘fresh tastes’ and indulging in creative passions in preparation for the new arrival. Equally, there’s a certain amount of enjoyment gazing at the beautiful creations of others, or, snidely casting your eye over some of the less desirable efforts. Always, with the knowing assurance that, of course, I will never make the same mistakes they have.

So, I think things seem to be going to be okay and as long as I listen to what the professionals say I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’m still having trouble trying to comprehend having twins, especially giving birth to them simultaneously, but I’m hopeful!

Targets for this week

  • Settle on a name
  • Get to grips with the technicalities of the birth
  • Continue to enjoy some ‘fresh tastes’
  • Indulge in some creative preparations

7 comments:

Tom Smith said...

That's one hell of a metaphor right there!

Mark Torrington said...

I agree with Tom. It certainly captivated my attention to read your blogger.

Shaun Bellis said...

Once again well done Michelle,

Its got to the point that I look forward to your posts every week!

Keep up the great work.

--
Thanks

Shaun Bellis

Greg Carrick said...

Great post once again. Looking forwards to reading your next one!

Suzanne Hullah said...

In terms of space/traffic and such forth for the web hosting, you have to consider your target audience and how many would come onto your website for the computer terminology. This will give you an idea on the traffic limit you may need. Ideally, unlimited would be nice, but not all hosting companies provide this.

Space is a tricky question, due to the fact that we haven't made the site yet, you have to take into consideration that you'll have quite a lot of images on this assignments, each at least 2-3k, so if you set that as minimum requirement you should have enough space.

Your blog this week really got me going for a second there. I had to pause before I wrote my comment to you, pondering whether or not to put 'Congratulations!'

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.

John Browne said...

To be honest I thought you were expecting (Joke :P). Going back to Sue's point...

The ammount of images will effect the webspace needed and a good point made by Steve was that, we could introduce each image as a thumbnail that will link to a bigger image on a seperate page....