Tuesday 27 November 2007

F.A.F.F

This week is reflected by the simple acronym F.A.F.F. I could really end this entry here as this encompasses my entirety at this current moment. However, this may be severally detrimental to my progression on the course and also being let through the door on Monday morning. So I shall explain;

F stands for;

Factotum, this is how I would describe myself this week, or actually every week. This was most appparent as I approached the week in my usual unbalanced fashioned, unbalanced in every sense of the word !

A stands for;

Arduous, this is how I would currently define A3. This is mainly due to creating the content for the site. Equally reaching the required level of work for next week’s feedback session will be reflected in this word. Another significant word which could easily substitute Ardous would be Arrrrggghhh ! ! (not in a pirate sense, but more a horrific realisation of the work-load sense).

F, number two, stands for;

Fast, this describes my realisation at how I can work when I put my mind to it. Equally fluid could replace this word. This discovery resulted from the two morning lecture sessions which revolved around creating a finished business card in 30 minutes (including a range of initial designs and a final printed version). I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the week and it gave me a real buzz to work under such pressure.

F, number three, stands for…..wait for it……

Floccinaucinihilipilification! This is how I would describe this blog entry. However, it has enabled me to fulfil my new resolution DO NOT FAFF !


So on that note I shall close, this weeks targets are;

  • Complete content
  • Create lots of screen designs in colour
  • Work on obtaining assets
  • Work back into A4 essays

6 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Floccinaucinihilipilification! You should be eternally grateful to me for finding that word. I still can't pronounce it though!

I totally agree with the 'A'. The content has been such a drag and now I feel as though I'm not as progressed with A3 as I'd like to be. So much to do in not much time!

John Browne said...

Arrrrggghhh, mi hearties :P

Nice blog entry, and pretty much true. I too need to gain the images for the assetts but im considering taking my own PC to peices in order to acheive this (Steve said he isn't responsible if I break anything).

Oh and is Floccinaucinihilipilification even a real word?. If it is, there is no way I will ever beable to prounounce that and its appears to be a pretty big toungue twister....

Julian Dyer said...

Arduous is certainly one word which could describe writing the content. Finding methods to make boring and repetitive tasks more enjoyable can be very valuable, as some sections of the course are just like this. It happens on every course, and there’s nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

I find that putting on some music helps, either from a track list in I-tunes or one of its many weird and wonderful online radio stations. Also, a packet or two of your favourite biscuits may make the going a little easier.

It is amazing how much work you can plow through when you put your mind to it. I’ve made entire sites in a matter of hours before – I’m not quite sure how, it just happened. Learning how to get ‘in the zone’ is essential for future units…

James Bell said...

As every a very well written blog that makes for very interesting and informative read.

I also find that I work better whilst listening to music. It helps me from being distracted and it means I can concentrate on my work.


I cant' believe Floccinaucinihilipilification is a real world.

Mark Torrington said...

Another fantastic blog entry Michelle. I don’t know how you do it!.

You have also set yourself a personal target to make the next blog equally as interesting.

I have to agree with you and Tom, I have also found the research for the content “Arduous”.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.