Tuesday 11 December 2007

¼ Full or ¼ Empty?



So what’s yours? My response is currently under construction after pondering the question throughout the day. The question arose after Steve informed us that this time next week a quarter of the course would be complete. It didn’t shock me to be confronted with this realisation; in fact it was quite a relief to be that step further to being employable. However, it did make me conscious, of the importance, to push through the pain barrier this week with A3 and A4.

I’m apprehensive about the work ahead of me, I feel confident I am clear of the requirements. Yet, there is always that nagging feeling that those simple tasks will turn into arduous epics, the stuff of nightmares that we’re all aware of. I guess my biggest concern is getting everything correctly formatted in the template. This is mainly due to my dislike for formality and standardisation. I fully understand the necessity for these requirements but it doesn’t improve my motivation for conforming to them. I guess it stems from the importance of freedom in my life and to a lesser degree conflicts with this value quite harshly. But, as I don’t live up a tree on a desert island I should be used to such things by now!

My progress so far this week has been fairly consistent. I managed to complete most tasks I had planned for over the two days. However, it has been hampered some what my inability to full concentrate on some written tasks in class. This is something I have greatly improved on since the beginning of term but still causes the occasional problem.

Feedback over this week, in our designated groups and in people in general, has been particularly beneficial. So I’d like to thank everyone who has made an input so far in my work.

Once again, I’m finding it difficult to focus on reflecting so rather then faff I’ll close on my targets this week;

  • Finish gathering assets
  • Complete all screen designs
  • Place A3 and A4 in template
  • Check suitable references have been used
  • Proof read
  • Upload banners
  • Burn CDs
Oh and here's a link if you need to check the contrast on your screen designs;

http://juicystudio.com/

6 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

I think it’s good how people in the class have been willing to give feedback, and the comments I have been given are very useful. I think it’s good getting feedback from the class has there is so many different views and different options on your work, so if you don’t like one idea someone gives you, you can use another one.
Thanks for your comments on my banners.

Tom Smith said...

I agree with the feedback, it's been much more effective and helpful than for the last assignment.

That Juicy Studio link is the same one I found, it has a system that uses the W3C algorithm to calculate whether or not the colour contrast is sufficient.

Webomatic said...

Hi

I'd like to also say the feedback this time round has been a lot more affective. I think its mainly becasue we are doing a lot more feedback in our work. Such as the banners and giving feedback on them.

Thanks, Martyn

John Browne said...

Hey, did you fighure out which one u were? (1/4 empty or full).

I too am worried about getting the referencing and the formatting of the template right as it is a main factor that has got me in to trouble in the past. This assignment is a biggie to me and may determin my place in life and on the course. So good luck with the remainder of the assignment and I hope to see everyone dunring the remainding periods yet to come.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.

Anonymous said...

Evaluation deadline.