Saturday 26 April 2008

CD Artwork

#1 - I've been working on the concept of mans impact on our environment for my this cd artwork. The music had an uncomfortable mix of natural and synthesized sounds, woven together in a multitude of layers. So, this is what I've tried to reflect on the cover.

#2 -This image is based on the concept of internal unrest. The music evoked feelings of anxiety, confusion, vulnerability and deep distress. The repetition of the image reflects the magnitude of the emotion as it becomes overwhelming.
#3 - This image is designed to reflect sudden movement, a shift in focus, confusion and a delusional state of mind. I felt the image is intricate and strong enough to speak for itself. However, I believe this artwork may not fulfill the specified criteria because the manipulation was created at the point of capture.
#4 - This is a multi-layered image of photographs I've taken, it is based on the same concept as the above image.

As always some feedback would be great, thank-you!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I really like the 3rd idea, after speaking to you the whole effect has been done by the camera, but since you took the picture it still meets the creative target for the assessment criteria. I do think there would be ways to improve and change things using manipulations so that it would improve the picture.

Don't be so worried as to give up on it just because you might not think it can get any better. Keep working and developing it. I personally think giving some lighted edges and glowing kinda tenacles to add a kind of space age feel to the whole thing would work well to improve it. Aswell as go with the actual font you've already got on there.